[Dixielandjazz] "The Louis Armstrong Discography"

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Sun Nov 19 14:27:01 PST 2006

Dear Bob,
I have just checked that Louis Armstrong Discography site and received a
message that "The specified server could not be found"
It looks as though it has finally disappeared.
A very great pity!
I never copied it to disc, but maybe my mate, DJMLer Phil O'Rourke did.
You are seeking an answer for "when and where was "A Kiss To Build A Dream
On" with the Louis All Stars (Glenn, Murany; Napoleon, etc.) recorded?"
Joe Muranyi joined the Armstrong All Stars in July 1967 for a European tour,
including Denmark and France.
He then toured the US (plus a London trip) with Louis until at least July
1968.
The only versions of "A Kiss To Build A Dream On" with Joe Muranyi that I
know about are on a Joker LP SM 3806 (plus other reissues) from a French
concert on 27 July 1967; and a Brunswick LP BL754169, from a London TV show
on 3 July 1968.
Perhaps it would be easier it you could give me the details of the record
you have.
Kind regards,
Bill.
PS: As you know "(Give Me) A Kiss To Build A Dream On" was originally
featured in the Jan 1951 film 'The Strip' and the Decca version (with the Sy
Oliver orch) we all know and love was made in NY on 24 July 1951. There is
also an unissued All Stars version from 23 April 1951 on a Mosaic CD.
B.