[Dixielandjazz] Miles Davis - - - The Movie?

Hal Vickery hvickery at svs.com
Sun Nov 19 13:32:46 PST 2006

A biopic about Armstrong, focusing on his drug bust was made for TV in 1976
titled "Louis Armstrong:  Chicago Style."  It starred Ben Vereen and as I
recall wasn't very good.

I've never seen Gary Giddins' documentary "Louis Armstrong:  Satchmo," so no
comment.  But that's documentary, too, as opposed to biopic.

Hal Vickery