[Dixielandjazz] Billie Crystal and OKOM Multiple connections

Lowell Busching verbose at daktel.com
Sat Nov 18 11:04:03 PST 2006

It is too bad that Johnny Varro no longer has email, or perhaps he is
just not telling me, as he could give a lot of details concerning the
Commodore Record shop in NYC.  Also how Billy was brought to many of the
jazz events around NYC by his father or possibly his uncle, I forget the
details now myself.  Dick Hyman and Johnny Varro were getting started,
and even at least once competing for prizes such as lessons with some
piano greats of the time like Teddy Wilson. Now they are one. (My
apologies to all you engineers out there who remember that "joke".)

What is it they say about who remembers who the second man on the moon
was? :-)  They are both great.

Mad Dawg