[Dixielandjazz] Mississippi Rag

LeslieMRag at aol.com LeslieMRag at aol.com
Fri Nov 17 12:49:42 PST 2006

Hi, Listmates:

As many of you know, The Mississippi Rag has been on hiatus as we convert to
an online RAG (launching January 2007), but we've continued to get ad mats and
free listings e-mailed and mailed to us, specifying that the
musicians/advertisers wanted to run the info in November and December..

Because most of the events are scheduled for the remainder of 2006, early
January, or early Spring, we felt that we needed to do something to publicize
them during the RAG's conversion time, so the RAG's webmaster and I created a
section on www.mississippirag.com where we've placed "Onstage" listings, the
"Festivals" listing and a "Long-Range Festival Calendar", along with some reviews,
news items, a column reviewing Summit Jazz and ads for festivals, cruises and
recordings. We call it the "special website edition mini-rag," but it isn't
in the format we'll be using for the Online RAG (which will be magazine
format). It's strictly a vehicle for getting the word out right now, though it looks
kind of nifty, if I do say so myself. (Part of the design will be incorporated
in our website redesign, also due to launch in early 2007.) So, if you're
looking for info on jazz or ragtime events and miss our usual listings, please
check out the "special edition."

Leslie Johnson
editor at mississippirag.com OR
lesliemrag at aol.com