[Dixielandjazz] There are no flies on me",

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Wed Nov 15 16:31:12 PST 2006

Marek Boym  advised off-list that:
> Roy Eldridge even recorded a tune with that title.

Dear Marek,
Thank you.
I didn't know that!
I learn something new every day.
The Roy Eldridge side was recorded in Paris on 9 June 1950 as "Ain't No
Flies On Me".
It is currently available from Worlds Records on Proper Box 69 (4-CD box)
and Avid 137 (3-CD set).
This then led me to a version by Hots Lips Page recorded in New York on 1
Feb 1950 as "There Ain't No Flies On Me" (Astor-Ford). Vocal by HLP and
Janie Mickens.
Which I had forgotten that I have!
There is also an early "no flies on..." song by Perry's Hot Dogs.
"There Ain't No Flies On Auntie" from 25 Sept 1925. Not yet un-reissued, so
far as I can determine.
Kind regards,
Bill.