[Dixielandjazz] Liability Insurance

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 15 06:28:40 PST 2006

on 11/15/06 12:11 AM, Russ Guarino at russg at redshift.com wrote:

> To the non-believers:
>
> When I asked my general insurance man about band liability insurance he rolled
> his
> eyes and threw up his hands.
> Then by chance I saw something in my union news and.....
>
> Here's an outline of coverage:  [ You have to be a union member to get the
> insurance, and they really do check ].
>
> General Aggregate [ other than Products/Completed Operations ]     2,000,000
> Products/ Completed operations Aggregate Limit
> 1,000,000
> Each Occurrence
> Limit
> 1,000,000
> Fire Damage Limit [ Any one fire
> ]                                                       100,000
> Medical Expense
> Limit
> 10,000
>
> MARSH AFFINITY GROUP SERVICES
> a service of Seabury & Smith, Inc.
> 1776 West Lakes Parkway
> West Des Moines, IA 50266
> 1-800-503-9227

I believe you. But if the fire limit is $100,000 per event, that is not
sufficient for coverage requirements by venues here. And if the Medical
expense limit is $10,000, that is also not sufficient coverage.

Those venues that require certificates of insurance here insist upon
$1,000,000 blanket coverage. E.G. $ 1 million aggregate which can be used
any way the damage occurs, like $1 million fire, 1 million medical, etc. NO
LIMITS UP TO THAT $1 million.

Anything less, you can't work the gig.

Cheers,
Steve