[Dixielandjazz] Website updates

Mike Meddings mike at doctorjazz.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Nov 15 03:08:00 PST 2006

Hello all,

The website has been updated with some very interesting items.

Again, following up leads from genealogist Peter Hanley, I have  managed to
secure a significant number of WW1 draft registration cards of important
ragtime and jazz personalities.

I have invited top-class researchers, who are authorities in their field of
music, to write articles on the various musicians.

Ed Berlin sends a superb article on Arthur Marshall, the famous ragtime
composer and friend of Scott Joplin.   This accompanies Marshall's draft
card.

Bob Pinsker sends  great article on ragtime composer Roy Bargy.   This
accompanies Bargy's draft card.   This will be of great interest to Butch
Thompson!

The 2nd of a series of articles written by J. Lawrence Cook for the
International Musician magazine, dated March 1942.   Courtesy of Prof. Brian
Dolan and Prof. Alan Wallace.

The above items can be accessed from the grey UPDATED BOX at:

Hope you enjoy.

http://www.doctorjazz.co.uk/

Musically yours

Mike