[Dixielandjazz] Cyclowns

David W. Littlefield dwlit at patriot.net
Tue Nov 14 09:51:54 PST 2006

Hi all. Here is the website of an amazing group, one of whom bought my
"Dixieland Fake Book Vols. 1 & 2" and some novelty tunes from my
forthcoming "20s-30s Fake Book".

http://www.cyclown.org

tells you all about the Cyclown Circus, a gang of musician acrobats,
jugglers, etc., who tour all over Europe and Asia on bicycles, playing
dixieland and regional musics in town squares, etc. Loads and loads of
photos...

According to my customer (the upright bass player), people all over love
the dixieland. In a memorable scene described in one of Johnnie's eMails,
the clarinet player instead of playing his solo, put his clarinet down and
walked across a bridge on his hands...On one of their CDs, he plays a
complete solo version of "East St. Louis Toodle-oo", closely following my
lead sheet transcribed from Ellington's record.

--Sheik