[Dixielandjazz] Archeophone King Olivers & the Hot Jazz Channel

Dr Cave calgoorlie at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 13 15:59:25 PST 2006

Brian

you have hade a variety of suggestions on how to transfer from analog recordings to digital. Some incomplete.

A while ago, one of the solutions discussed on the DJML was USB phono preamps such as the  ART  phono plus preamp. I googled it at:
http://www.zzounds.com/item--ARTUSBMICROPRE
there are others on the market.
This allows you to connect your turntable direct to yout PC or laptop, avoiding the sound card. The more direct the better.

I use a CD burner connected to the rec-out of my stereo and transfer the recordings to my computer which is at the opposite end of the house using re-writable CDs. I spent bucks on the burner and it has been worth it. I have seen cheap turntables with built in preamps which can best be described as record-rooters.

there are number of other ways/solutions, too

good luck

DC