[Dixielandjazz] FW: NEW RELEASE FROM MOVE RECORDS

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Mon Nov 13 13:46:47 PST 2006

Dear friends,
I do not generally promote commercial CDs so blatantly, but I believe that
this unique Australian release will be of real interest to many of you.
There is also a good $$ deal on the full set, for those who do not have the
first three, magnificently produced, volumes.
Check out the web site.
No. I definitely have no financial connection, whatsoever, with Move
Records.
Just grateful for what they have done to make this historic Oz-Jazz LP
material available once again.
Kind regards,
Bill.

The final instalment in the Lord of the rings series is here at last!
Landscapes of Middle Earth

This is the fourth and final restored re-release of John Sangster's
jazz-inspired view of Tolkien's epic tale. Originally a double LP released
in the late 1970s, it will finally meet the CD age late in 2006. As well as
all the music from the original LPs, we have a video shot in New Zealand of
landscapes similar to those seen in the recent movie trilogy, but with John
Sangster's music as the soundtrack.

Even though this is the final disc in our series of re-releases from the
original EMI double LP sets, it is not the end!  The original members of the
John Sangster band recorded a special ŒLive¹ version of the Lord of the
Rings in 2003.  This disc will be released in 2007.

Click on this link to view the press release in .pdf format
http://wpool.com/move/PR/landscapes.pdf   (246 kb)

Click on this link to go to the Landscapes of Middle Earth page on the MOVE
site and hear free audio samples:
http://www.move.com.au/disc.cfm/3254

To request a complimentary review/broadcast copy or to arrange an artists
interview with these or other artists please contact us via the details
below or via email:
rhys at move.com.au <mailto:rhys%40move.com.au>

Catalogue Number: MD 3254

Disc Contents:

Green hill country
The lonely mountains
Summer's solstice
The old forest
Laurelindorenan
Fangorn
A dance for the New Forest
Winter's solstice
Summer's reprise
Panorama from Tower Hills
Star opening
Weathertop

plus "Landscapes" video

Rhys Boak
Marketing and Promotion Manager (Wednesdays & Fridays)
MOVE Records

1 Linton Street, Ivanhoe, Victoria, Australia 3079
Phone:         +613 9497 3105
Fax:             +613 9497 4426
Email:          rhys at move.com.au <mailto:rhys%40move.com.au>
Internet:      http://www.move.com.au

***proudly supporting Australian music and musicians since 1968***