[Dixielandjazz] IPods, MP3s & Cell Phones etc.

Bill Gunter jazzboard at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 11 14:31:52 PST 2006

Hi Steve and all,

You wrote:

>Don't have an IPod. Don't much listen to MP3s, except for a sound bite here
>and there, and I only take my cell phone with me when I'm gigging, and/or
>travelling via car, but I turn it off on casual travel trips and would only
>use it for an emergency.
>
>Why? Because I don't want to listen incessantly to canned music, and
>sometimes I want to be out of touch.

All well and good but this is basically a trade off and you may be coming
out short.

Considerations:

1. iPods and mp3s are cheap, portable, and high quality sources of music and
even videos.

2. Would you consider Beethoven's 9th performed by the London Symphony
Orchestra "Canned Music?"

3. If you have an iPod you can listen to whatever you like, whenever you
like, wherever you like (even your own band) if it is your pleasure to do
so.

4. If you don't have an iPod you can't - period. Tough noogies!

Give it some thought.

Respectfully submitted,

Bill "Gonna put every Beethoven symphony (1 through 9) on my iPod (when I
get one)" Gunter
jazzboard at hotmail.com