[Dixielandjazz] IPods, MP3s & Cell Phones etc.

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 11 13:35:00 PST 2006

My 2 cents.

Don't have an IPod. Don't much listen to MP3s, except for a sound bite here
and there, and I only take my cell phone with me when I'm gigging, and/or
travelling via car, but I turn it off on casual travel trips and would only
use it for an emergency.

Why? Because I don't want to listen incessantly to canned music, and
sometimes I want to be out of touch. It is a lot more fun thinking about
other things, looking at the world and people around me, and/or blanking the
mind on car trips when alone, and more fun talking to those with me when I'm
not. Also, prefer talk radio and/or music broadcasts where I will be
surprised by the content, rather then replay something I've heard.

Cheers,
Steve (different strokes for different folks) Barbone