[Dixielandjazz] Are iPods just a passing fancy? (was mp3s and allthat stuff)

Larry Walton Entertainment - St. Louis larrys.bands at charter.net
Fri Nov 10 21:25:40 PST 2006

Is the Ipod layout similar to a computer that is can you have directories
and sub directories and more importantly to me can you play one tune at a
time and then it would stop until I told it to play the next tune in the
queue.  Also the new Nano and the  Ipod with the hard drive seem to cost
about the same with the hard drive holding a whole bunch (30-80gig) vs the
Nano which holds 8.  Which is easier on batteries?

Do they beep or do anything obnoxious when you change tunes.  I have a Sony
mini disk player that beeps when you change anything or advance to the next
tune.

Is the readout easy to read?  Is there any difference between the regular
Ipod and the Nano in this respect.  Also how is navigating around the menu?
Are tunes easy to locate?
Larry
St. Louis