[Dixielandjazz] Holding Your Audience Spell Bound

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Thu Nov 9 20:34:36 PST 2006

U2 concert

At a U2 concert in Glasgow, Bono asked the audience for some quiet.

Then, in the silence, he started to slowly clap his hands, once every 3
seconds.
Holding the audience spellbound, he said softly into the microphone,

"Every time I clap my hands, a child in Africa dies."

A voice near the front pierced the silence; Well, stop freakin' doin' it
then."

--Bob Ringwald K6YBV
916/806-9551
www.ringwald.com
--
Leader, The Fulton Street Jazz Band
www.fultonstreetjazz.com

>From "Hollywood Squares"
 Q. Do female frogs croak?
A. Paul Lynde: "If you hold their little heads under water long enough."