[Dixielandjazz] (no subject)

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Thu Nov 9 11:36:19 PST 2006

TO JAZZ FANS - FRIENDS,

Please allow me to introduce you to a nice OKOM guitarist and vocalist
in the San Francisco area,  Marlina Teich, is a delightful lady that
puts out a lot of good music.  She is also doing what some of us are
always trying to et other OPKOM bands to do, get out and create some
gigs.   See below where she is doing just that.  Anybody in the San
Francisco Bay area drop in and see her and you  Jazz society folks
could definitely afford her, so go check her out.   Do what we all say
we are doing  " SUPPORT LIVE OKOM ARTISTS AND SHOWS"

There is a lot more out there than the Status Quo of old time
favorites.  Expand your horizons, get out of in front of the computer
or Boob Tube .

A recent post by Steve Barbone about Shanghai Jazz  comes to mind with
the second gig   say what !!   A Shanghai 1930's Restaurant, did nobody
else know about this place ???  hummm

There is a link at the bottom of this post where you can check out her
music and bio.

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins

******** 11/11/06  I am bringing a jazz trio (Eugene Warren on bass -
not to be missed!) and four on the floor drummer Brian Comardy into the
world of alzheimer patients at the SF Community Convalesent Hospital on
Bush and Divisadero Streets. This is a party for patients and their
families but the same trio that I'm bringing into the clubs will be
performing with me here.  not a public event.

******** 11/14/06  I'm kind of moving up in the jazz world.  I'm
performing at the Shanghai 1930s Restaurant this Tuesday night Nov.
14th from 7 pm to 11 pm.  The address is 133 Stuart Street near the
Ferry Building.  San Francisco  also close to the Embarcadero Bart
station and cable car lines and the N. Judah stops in that area too.

    There's street parking around that time because most of the people
have left work from downtown.   It's a jazz lounge that serves drinks
and optional chinese appetizers (which are delicious and not that
expensive).   I need to show the club that I can draw people so I can
get a return engagement.   If you have to get up early the next
morning, maybe come for the first set?     Hope to see you.

******** 11/28/06 If you don't mind going to Burlingame or live around
there, there's a little jazz club that has great seafood called Towles
Cafe that I will be performing with Ed Williams (bassis from Chuck
Mangione's orchestra) and drummer Danny Spencer.

BEST WISHES,

MARLINA
http://www.sonicbids.com/marlinateich