[Dixielandjazz] Ed Bradley from 60 Minutes

Lowell Busching verbose at daktel.com
Thu Nov 9 10:19:01 PST 2006

It was just announced about an hour ago on CNN that Ed Bradley of the
CBS 60 Minutes Show had died of leukemia at age 65, a mere "kid" to many
on the DJML I am sure. The next digest I get will perhaps have some
postings on this, but for myself I was interested in the fact that he
was apparently a big jazz fan of the New Orleans jazz scene and other
locations, apparently spending time in the Denver area?  Possibly at the
Denver Jazz Parties?  I am not sure if I was consciously aware of that
fact.  If I had ever seen him, I was not aware who he was.

If it has not already been suggested, perhaps some of you that might
have had contact with Ed at any OKOM events might want to make some
comments about him. Try to get through to the Larry King show tonight on
CNN where Larry plans to devote his show, or at least part of it, to Ed.

Perhaps he was a harder man to get to know then first implied on CNN as
so far many of the other CBS or ex-CBS reporters they have talked to
have corrected the CNN anchors on saying they worked "with" Ed at CBS.
Most seem to have met him occasionally in the hall etc.  I suspect the
60 Minute crew was a close knit group and to this point I have heard
none of them comment.

If any of you know who, besides the Neivel (sp?) Brothers, in New
Orleans he favored, you might want to comment. Otherwise I felt you all
should be aware that apparently OKOM has lost another supporter and fan.
Perhaps Larry will comment on that tonight.

Lowell aka Mad Dawg