[Dixielandjazz] One for Brother Gunter

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Mon Nov 6 13:53:20 PST 2006

Hi Ron and all you washboarderists on the list:

I have just invented a hybrid version and style of washboard which I
feel will definitely once again revolutionize this fine instrument and
make virtual virtuosos of all the new kids who take it up and master it.

I borrowed the show style form the old wild west movies, and will hence
forth be known as The  Two Washer Kid"  even though I use three for
Zydeco.   I shall promote this new style of performance with dual fully
loaded washboards, one on each side and played with one hand on each,
very conducive for work in a  more highly sophisticated marching
ensemble I might add.   ( those players tend to be true ARTISTE' AND DO
PLAY FOR  ARTS SAKE. )

I am also developing another fine dual model  with spacers at the top
and the bottom with a long chromium Rod inserted down thru the middle
of the spacers with various insundry percussion devices attached at
varying levels of height, and the occasional bicycle horn in several
key notations, and the deluxe model with the triple cow bells,  ( Can't
ever have too much Cow Bell )   Comes completely assembled for those
who might be mechanically as well as musically challenged )   Set up
and take down time at the gigs has been rendered Nil so engineers who
play a little music on the side can feel free to use one with no fear
of holding up the show or arriving too late at the gig to get set up on
time.     The musical superiority of these fine new instruments made
 from the finest recycled products from the county dump are sure to
please the new and older Washboardocologist and delight the grandkids
as well.

I also have patented an idea of how to amplify that European model as
well,  ( Just lay it down flat over the inverted washtub bass, yes
that's right I said inverted, turn it back over the way you would to
take a bath in it and lay the durned washboard over it and commence to
play, you will be amazed at how much louder it will be and also picks
up a nice echo sound or reverberation, which can be varried by adding
or subtracting the amount of Beer you have in it.

Send cash check or money order or trading stamps to P.O. Box 1
Washboard City,  USA   ( don't worry it won't git lost it is the Only
P.O. Box in town.   How much you say ?  well jist let yore concience be
your guide, folks, ya see I don't really need much money in these here
parts, cause I also have a grant to operate the WASHBOARD CITY SYMPHONY
One man  ARKESTRA,  which is why I invented the double and triple
version so I could charge for and get doublin' fees for been a multi
instrumentalist.   I got enough government grants from the Arts
councils now to pay myself to play a gig 365 days a year.   Last nights
performance was enjoyed by two raccoons, a possom family, couple of
wild pigs, and a stray cow whut come over the ridge.   Had some right
nice accompaniment on vocals from a Chick singer Screech owl in the old
elm tree too.   Did I mention i is a non profit organisim ?  so your
kind donatioins fer my research and manufacturin' is totally tax
deductible too.

Couzin Elroy P. ( penniless)  Suckins

Like I said a Sick mind is a turrible thing to waste.