[Dixielandjazz] new turntables

Joanne LeClere j.leclere at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 6 09:44:43 PST 2006

There are many brands of old style turntables on the market. I bought one for my mother who is 88 years old so she could listen to her old records. She has turned into a cd buyer. Her machine is an old-fashioned design that includes an am/fm radio, cassette player as well as the turntable and cd player. She loves it. I bought it at a department store.  Recently I saw an ad for the same kind of player that included all of the above plus an MP3 input jack. Needles and cartridges available at Radio Shack.
  Obviously these are not for professionals, but several people I know have this type of player. It's a one system does it all, plus the styling is furniture-like and looks good in the living room.
  J. LeClere