[Dixielandjazz] Dancin' Fools

EDWIN COLTRIN boreda at sbcglobal.net
Fri Nov 3 17:36:26 PST 2006

Ah you guys make me feel old. I used to sneak out of the house  on Friday nights to go to a Grammer School Gym and dance. It cost a quarter to get in and the Dad's  club chaperoned the dance. Real live band playing the music of the 30s/ 40/. Jitterbug, swing and even sweet,smooth dance music.

  Here I got to dance with the senior girls from highschool that wouldn't give you a tumble at school but would gladly dance with you if you coud do all the recent steps.  Of course I was only 13/14 at the time and they were real old     17/18.

  The resurgence of ballroom dancing is interesting, while living in Hawaii in 1998/1999, there were classes in the local rec district parks for Ballroom dancing. several people I knew were taking classes and going dancing at the Royal Hawiian.

  I can still cut-a-rug with pliant young ladies locally, whenever there is danceable music, that is the key and OKOM provides the music and the beat for most styles of danceing.

  Keep shaggin

  Slainte

  Ye Olde Mouldy Fygge

  Ed (waltz me around again Willy) Coltrin