[Dixielandjazz] What Turns The Younger Audiences On?

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Fri Nov 3 13:34:09 PST 2006

> ........OKOM doesn't lend it's self to standing in the middle of a floor and
wiggling............<

Dear Larry,
Wot!!!!!
They certainly did in the 40s, 50s and 60s here in Australia, when I wuz a
kid.
Or was I dreaming?
8>)
Happened in the Hugh Ess uf A in the 20s too - and spawned dance steps like
the Shimmy, Black Bottom, Charleston, Snake Hips, Grind, Strut and Shuffle -
among many others.
And as for: "If you want to get people to dance hire a dance instructor for
your party or club gig."
Not necessary.
I am sure me mate Tom Wiggins would sassy on over to St Louis [for free] to
demonstrate any of the above.
Kind regards,
Bill.