[Dixielandjazz] Dixie Chicks going Dixieland?

BillSargentDrums at aol.com BillSargentDrums at aol.com
Wed May 31 09:46:36 PDT 2006

In a message dated 5/31/2006 9:04:53 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
barbonestreet at earthlink.net writes:

Hi Bill  & Listmates:

All the talk about losing their fan base since their  political statement is
just that . . . talk. Yes, they lost some fans but  guess what . . . they
still sell more CDs in two weeks then all of us in OKOM  combined do in two years.
 And today, their fan base is back and  increasing.

I wish we OKOMers had the power and/or the intestinal  fortitude to be as up
front in our actions/opinions/musical presentations  etc.,  without worrying
what the fans might do, or think, or what the  press and/or jazz police might
say.

Want to make an OKOM Festival a  huge success? Hire the Dixie Chicks as the
Headliners.

They are far  from stupid and in fact, more intelligent than most people on
the planet.

I disagree. I assume you're not keeping track of the day to day, what's
happening stuff. A very large percentage of country music stations have pulled
their music from play all-together as a response to listener feedback. Also,
many individual DJs have done the same.

They also alienated the vast majority of the mainstream country music fan
base when they verbalized that they didn't want them as fans.

No, these are dumb broads. They thought they could capitalize on the  current
"crap on Bush" mantra and it's backfired. The singles from their new  album
topped out about 37 and 42 on the charts.

Nope, they're just dumb.

Bill