[Dixielandjazz] Dixie Chicks going Dixieland?

Steve barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Tue May 30 20:04:29 PDT 2006

First Bruce Springsteen puts out a CD with some Dixieland. Now, the Dixie
Chicks? One wonders whether this is just coincidence, are they testing the
waters, or is it the start of a pop trend?

"Dixieland sound with a campy undertone." Think I'll get the CD just to hear
that and see if we can adapt that sort of sound to those sexy love songs
that work so well in OKOM. (I Can't Get Started, etc.)

Cheers,
Steve Barbone

Album Review: "Taking the Long Way" by Dixie Chicks  Student Operated Press
- Vero Beach,FL,USA

"... Another upbeat song is ³I like it², which has a Dixieland sound with a
campy undertone."