[Dixielandjazz] Re: Harry Raderman/Yellow Dog

Anton Crouch anton.crouch at optusnet.com.au
Wed May 24 22:13:26 PDT 2006

Hello Ron and Bill

At 20:51 23/05/2006 -0400, Ron L'Herault wrote (in part):
>I still think it is fun. I don't find any of the laughing "nightmarish". <

I tracked down the Joseph Smith 1919 recording on Red Hot Jazz Archive and
I agree - definitely fun, nothing "nightmarish" and the trombone playing is
good. It also shows, rather well, that many of the early band "blues" were
primarily for dancing.

Also on the RHJA is the 1920 Edison disc recording (Ed 50650) of Yellow
Dog, under Raderman's own name. This is probably the disc version of Bob
Romans' cylinder, which started this discussion.

All the best
Anton