[Dixielandjazz] Pop filters

Larry Walton Entertainment - St. Louis larrys.bands at charter.net
Wed May 24 10:56:29 PDT 2006

The foam filters work pretty well but they are really for wind.  You might try holding the mike slightly to the side so that puff of air won't go directly into the mike element.  The other solution is to crank it up more and back off a bit.  I think you could have it very close to your lips.

Some entertainers do this routinely and then the mike doesn't obscure their face either.

You might try one of the boom mikes that some entertainers use.  The ones that are fitted to the head and stay off to the side and stay a fixed distance from the mouth.  Those seem to be very popular with Latin performers on our Spanish Speaking cable channel.  They seem to be wireless and in some cases have a headphone in the ear.
Larry
St. Louis