[Dixielandjazz] Re: Gary Burghoff from M*A*S*H

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Tue May 23 16:43:47 PDT 2006

> Just discovered today that Gary Burghoff who played Radar in the M*A*S*H movie
and series started his own Dixieland Jazz Band and recorded an album in the
early eighties. Did anyone ever hear him play? Any comments on his performances?
Bret Bradford<

Dear Bret,
Herewith the details, but no date:

'Gary Burghof and His Mardi Gras Celebration Jazz Band.'
Shalom 651
Jim Weber, t; Jim Duggan, tb; Don Suhor, cl; Paul McGinley, ts; Bob
Mollinelli, p; Stick Felix, sb; Gary Burghof, d,vcl.

    Sweet Georgia Brown
    Basin Street Blues
    Pennies from Heaven
    Big Noise from Winnetka
    Medley : That's A Plenty
                  Yes, Sir ! That's My Baby
    Tin Roof Blues
    Sing, Sing, Sing

Googling will probably show a bit more, but I'm a bit pushed for time just
now.
Kind regards,
Bill.