[Dixielandjazz] Re: Jo Stafford

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Tue May 23 15:51:30 PDT 2006

Dear Tom (and other Jonathon and Darlene Edwards' fans),
The cover on my LP (corinthian [all lower case] COR-104) has a black and
white drawing of two LEFT hands, in a semi-circle, facing DOWN in a playing
position on the piano keyboard.
The back cover has notes by (LF) - Leonard Feather? - from Down Beat October
17, 1957.
I have two other Corinthians by the pair:
*COR-103. 'Jonathon and Darlene Edwards in Paris'.
*COR-117. 'Darlene Remembers Duke (Sometimes)
Jonathon Plays Fats (almost)'.
plus
*'The American Popular Song as Interpreted by Jonathon & Darlene Edwards'.
ABC Records WGAP-68014 ( a March 1975 reissue of Dot DLP-25792).
*'Sing Along With Jonathon and Darlene Edwards.' English RCA International
INTS 5100. (NL 43628). Originally released by RCA in 1962.
My first introduction to the pair was an RCA EP (which I still have) with 4
titles from the above RCA LP.
As usual, more than you need to know.
Kind regards,
Bill.