[Dixielandjazz] Eddie Condon's LP - "Ivy League Jazz"

Steve barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Tue May 23 05:56:38 PDT 2006

Bill Haesler <bhaesler at bigpond.net.au> wrote

> Dear Don and ever-helpful DJMLers,
> I anyone finds that Condon Decca DL 8282 'Ivy League Jazz' LP, can I please
> have the list of tune titles?
> I've found 6 of them recorded between March and August 1946.
> It may have been a 10" LP, in which case I would have anticipated 8 tracks.
> Kind regards,
> Bill.

Dear Bill:

Here is the information you requested.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone

-DL 8282
1955.
Label:    -Decca (Black & Silver Label)
Diameter: -12"
Speed:    -33 1/3 R.P.M.

Title:    -Ivy League Jazz - Eddie Condon and His Orchestra
Selections:    -At the Jazz Band Ball; Dill Pickles; Maple Leaf Rag; Jazz Me
Blues; It's Tulip Time in Holland (Two Lips are Calling Me); My Melancholy
Baby; Down Among the Sheltering Palms; Ida! Sweet as Apple Cider; (I Got a
Woman, Crazy for Me) She's Funny That way; Improvisation for the March of
Time; When Your Lover has Gone; Wherever There's Love (There's You and I)

Artist/s:    -Eddie Condon and His Orchestra (Featuring Famous Jazzmen:
Jimmy Atkins; Ralph Sutton; Joe Bushkin; Billy Butterfield; Bobby Hackett;
Miss Lee Wiley)