[Dixielandjazz] "Celery Stalks At Midnight" - Definative answer

pat ladd pj.ladd at btinternet.com
Mon May 22 07:39:32 PDT 2006

 <<But, Freddie Slack, the man who plays what is considered as the best
piano boogie of any white man,>>

Hi,
I used to have a 78 of the Will Bradley trio one side of which was `Down the
road apiece`. One of the lines in the vocal refers to `old Beat-me-daddy
Slack`.

Another line was `better than chicken fried in bacon grease, C`mon with me
boy, just down the road a piece`

Hell and I can`t remember what I had for breakfast this morning!

Cheers

Pat Ladd