[Dixielandjazz] Buddy Bolden

D and R Hardie darnhard at ozemail.com.au
Fri May 19 16:04:01 PDT 2006

Hi Anton,
Thanks,  I shouldn't rely on my ageing  memory before writing to the
list.  I checked. It was 1939  not 1940  and C.E Smith not Charters. I
have a copy of the Saturday Review Article (March 16 1957) in which
Smith reports his interview with Cornish in preparation for the writing
of Jazzmen.I can't understand why Don M thought it would cause
insoluble problems if it were discovered.
I thought Brian's ellipsis quite clever.
Cheers Dan Hardie
Check out the website:

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~darnhard/EarlyJazzHistory.html

or