[Dixielandjazz] The Bolden cylinder - elliptical thinking

Fr M J (Mike) Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Fri May 19 08:27:33 PDT 2006

I certainly accept that anything is possible, and it must be admitted there is plenty of not-so-ancient testimony to said possibility.  It's funny how exactly this issue is like one in my ecclesiastical world, ie, spurious claims of Apostolic Succession by fly-by "Bishops."  In that context, the only logical answer is "No Instrument of Consecration, no living, reliable witnesses, no Succession."  In the presence of mere verbal claims, regardless of reliability, and in the absence of Habeus recordus, what shakes out for me is basic wishful thinking:  we all wish it were so, so the "evidence" mounts.

But don't count me out of the running, though:  I'm definitely one of the wishers!,

--
Etc,

Fr M J (Mike) Logsdon, Vicar-general
North American Old Roman Catholic Church (Utrecht Succession)
Archdiocese of California
www.naorc.org