[Dixielandjazz] Anachronic Jazz Band and iTunes

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Fri May 19 00:37:05 PDT 2006

Dear friends,
After having iTunes on my computer for several years with its Playlist
filling up with jazz and comedy mp3s sent to me over that time, I decided
the other day to learn a bit about the program.
I have an early 2001 manual, plus the usual (useless) computer 'Help'
facility.
So, it has been mainly trial-and-error so far.
In the course of all this I decided to download the Anachronic Jazz Band
sides kindly posted to the list by our friend in France, Gary Kiser.
[OK, I have the CDs, but I thought it would be a good training exercise.]
I eventually managed to download all of Gary's files into my Playlist.
The music comes up instantly when selected and plays nicely.
So, I assume that it is on my hard disc.
I've been using my mate DJMLer Phil O'Rourke (down the road in Canberra) as
a testing station and successfully sent him a naughty Monty Python song from
the Playlist.
I then tried to forward "Anachronic Blues" to Phil as a test, but could not
access it from the same iTunes Music (Playlist) file using the 'add
attachment' on the email toolbar.
None of the Anachronic titles show up in iTunes Music link!
Everything else does.
The odd thing is that in the Playlist (in the full iTunes program) to the
left of each Anachronic tune title, the iTunes 'Radio' symbol appears.
If I open 'Radio', from the left hand 'source' list, I get a long list of
radio stations, but the Anachronic sides aren't there either.
Where are they?
Why can't I access them for attachment to an email?
I am using an eMax with OS X 10.2.8 (Panther).
If any Macophiles can help please reply off list, as I don't want the rest
of the DJML bored with what is really a non-jazz item.
Kind regards,
Bill.