[Dixielandjazz] "The Pearl" song needed

John Farrell stridepiano at tesco.net
Thu May 18 23:21:31 PDT 2006

Tom Wiggins passed this on :

"I have short film I am submitting to festivals. In it I've used a song
by Jelly Roll Morton as the scoring. Unfortunately, I don't hold
copyrights to this recording. I'm looking for a recording of "The
Pearl" that I could use in my film, or something similar in feel and
texture. I can pay $200.

   The movie is 3:20, and is a silent slapstick done in black and white
super-8. It has a very classic feel to it.

           Compensation: $200"

Almost certainly the guy means Morton's "The Pearls" and we have the perfect candidate for this gig - jump in there Butch!

John Farrell