[Dixielandjazz] Early Pete Fountain, George Girard, Plus Bobcats Marches

DnBoy152 at aol.com DnBoy152 at aol.com
Tue May 16 12:15:51 PDT 2006

George Gerard (trumpet) also played in that band, and recorded a couple of
sides with the band.  Don't remember the label name, but it wqw on 78 rpm,  and
the name of the band was Phil Zito's International City Dixielanders (o, r
something close th that).  George was a phenomenal young trumpeter.   Like
Pete, He was a "natural".  They went on to be the nucleus of the Basin  Street
Six.  George died before he was 30, a victim of colon cancer.   He would haave
been one of the biggies.

Pat Cooke