[Dixielandjazz] Jazz in SF at the end of the month

Gary Kiser gary at kiser.org
Sun May 14 00:00:53 PDT 2006

Kay Spencer wrote:

> Gary,
>
> Maybe someone could kidnap them from the tour group so they could get
> to Sacramento on Sunday the 28th for the Jubilee???
>
> Kay

This was, of course, a very kind response to my inquiry of gigs in the
SF area between May 28 and June 4.  I think this is a great idea.  But,
they wouldn't do it if it was too much effort.  We are talking an
elderly couple here.  My best comparison to folk over there would be
Rose & Ray Fehring.  I don't know how many of you every were honored to
spend some time with the Fehrings.  I was Rose's 'unofficial' official
dance instructor.

Anyway, the De La Cruz' (here, pronouncing the plural, 'day-la-cruises')
are a sweet couple of the 'Fehring' type.  Henri must be pushing 80, but
is in very fine form.  I think it would be swell if they could see
Jubilee.  Alas, this is clearly their last trip to CA.  Any ideas to
help out here?!?!  I swear, if the Fehrings were to come to anywhere
near Sancy Snow Jazz, Jazz aux Sources, Jazz en Tête, Jazz à Riom or
Jazz en Auvergne, I'd bent over backwards to help 'em out. Is there
anyone in the Sac area, like the Fehrings and the Lawlesses, that can
lodge traveling jazz figures?? Plus, Jubilee runs through the 29th.

In any case, from the messages I receive, I will give them a list of all
dates, times and places for everything during their stay.

All the best, Gary