[Dixielandjazz] Hotel suggestions for Sac Festival?

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Sat May 13 06:51:35 PDT 2006

Dick Broadie writes:

 >I just got an email from Jill Harper, Executive Director of the
Sacramental
> Taditional Jazz Society, indicating she's sending me (unanticipated) comp
> tickets to the Sacramento Jubilee.  Can anyone suggest a place where
> Sharon and I could stay or are the hotels already pretty much sold out?  I
> performed in 9 of the first 10 festivals and haven't been able to get back
> since.  Any suggestions would really be appreciated.
(snip)

Dick,

1.  There is a list of hotels on the Jubilee web site, www.sacjazz.com

2.  Call Tressa at the Jubilee office, 916/372-5277.  She can fax or mail
you a list.

3.  I suggest the Hyatt, Sheridan Gran or Holiday Inn, all downtown.

For less inexpensive, the Downtown Motel 6 is usually as it is not on the
shuttle route.  Call 916/457-0777, 1415 30th St.

If you are driving, there will be free parking at Raley Field right across
the river in West Sac.  It is on the shuttle route.

Remember, all venues are in downtown Sacramento, Old Sac & West Sac, like
the ol' days.

My complete Jubilee schedule is posted       on my web site,
www.ringwald.com.  The link to the schedule page is near the bottom.

Jonathan Russell will be featured with us, the Fulton Street Jazz Band,
Sunday, Turntable Junction in Old Sac, 1:00 PM.  Hope to see you there.

--Bob Ringwald