[Dixielandjazz] De Ja Vu in New York City

Steve barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Tue May 9 08:15:05 PDT 2006

Oh My, look who is still performing on the Cabaret Circuit in the Big Apple.
The young folks might not know of these two wonders, but we old folks do.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone

BLOSSOM DEARIE (Tomorrow and Sunday) To watch this singer and pianist is to
appreciate the power of a carefully deployed pop-jazz minimalism combined
with a highly discriminating taste in songs. The songs date from all periods
of a career remarkable for its longevity and for Ms. Dearie's stubborn
independence and sly wit. Tomorrow at 7 p.m., Sunday at 6:15 p.m., Danny's
Skylight Room, 346 West 46th Street, Clinton, (212) 265-8133; $25, with a
$15 minimum, or $54.50 for a dinner-and-show package. (Holden)

ANNIE ROSS (Wednesday) Cool, funny, swinging and indestructible, this
75-year-old singer and sometime actress exemplifies old-time hip in its most
generous incarnation. At 9:15 p.m., Danny's Skylight Room, 346 West 46th
Street, Clinton, (212) 265-8133; $25, with a $12 minimum. (Holden)