[Dixielandjazz] Freekin'...

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Mon May 8 03:25:24 PDT 2006

This from Jim Maihack:

(snip)
It's interesting that I seem to be best known for that thing.  I don't mind
it at all.  It amuses me, in fact.  As I said, it's nice to be remembered.
BTW, for the diehard trivia buffs, the ENTIRE Turk Murphy band isn't on the
recording, only Turk, Leon, me, and Phil Howe (I think).  Pete Clute and
Carl Lunsford, who were members of the band at that time, aren't on it.
--jm
snip)

For those of you such as Bill Haesler who have never heard of the recording,
it is a real kick.  Very well done album.

I remember Jim telling me that there was a 5 string banjo player there,
wailing away.  For some reason, he did not make it to the mix.

Shell Silverstein was a very talented writer & performer.  As Bill Gunter
says, some of the material is blue, but clever.  I love the album & am going
to get it on CD.

 --Bob Ringwald K6YBV
The Fulton Street Jazz Band
The Boondockers (Jazz and Comedy)

Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it,
but only you can feel the true warmth.