[Dixielandjazz] Heaven And Hell

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Sat May 6 15:00:58 PDT 2006

Clyde died and went to heaven. He saw only three people there, reading by a
dim light. One of them was reading PLAYBOY, anotherPENTHOUSE, and the
other POPULAR SCIENCE.
He decided to see what hell was like.Clyde got to
the devil's domain and it turned out to be a big nightclub with every
kind of music being played. There was an eight-piece Dixieland band, a
thirty-piece swing band, three discos, and all the people were dancing.
He went back up to heaven and asked for an audience with God."I don't
understand it, Lord," he said, "there are only three people here in
heaven and they are all reading. Down in hell everybody is dancing and
having a good time. Why can't we have that in heaven?"
The Lord said, "I can't hire a band for just three people."

--Bob Ringwald K6YBV
The Fulton Street Jazz Band
The Boondockers (Jazz and Comedy)

Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it,
but only you can feel the true warmth.