[Dixielandjazz] Big Band Singer

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Thu May 4 21:14:29 PDT 2006

A retired big-band singer gets an offer from a
record producer to lay down some of her old hits
for a nostalgia album. She brings her charts to
the studio and is surprised to see only the
producer there.
"Where's the band?" she asks.
"No need for a band  any more," smiles the producer.
"Everything is computerized."
"No piano?   No conductor?" she asks.
"Nope, everything is in this synthesizer.
Your charts are already in there. All we do
is press a button."
"How about clarinets, sax, horns?"
"Right here in this machine, never tell the
difference."
"How about a drummer," she asks.
"Nope," says the producer, "this rhythm machine
takes the beat and runs with it all by itself."
"Well," says the old lady, "then who do I sleep with?"

--Bob Ringwald K6YBV
The Fulton Street Jazz Band
The Boondockers (Jazz and Comedy)

Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it,
but only you can feel the true warmth.