[Dixielandjazz] RE: Lyrics/Hawaiian Songs

jobriant at sunrisetelecom.com jobriant at sunrisetelecom.com
Fri Mar 31 13:10:02 PST 2006

Kaye --

Found these with a Google search ... Hope they're what you need.

-- Jim O'Briant
   Tuba etc.
   Gilroy, C

Lyrics: My Little Grass Shack in Kealakekua Hawaii
by Bill Cogswell, Tommy Harrison & Johnny Noble

I want to go back to little grass shack
In Kealakekua, Hawaii
I want to be with all the kanes and wahines
That I used to know long ago

I can hear the old guitars playing
On the beach at Honaunau
I can hear the old Hawaiians saying
Komo mai no kaua i ka hale welakahao

It won't be long till my ship will be sailing
Back to Kona
A grand old place
That's always fair to see, you're telling me

I'm just a little Hawaiian
A homesick island boy
I want to go back to my fish and poi

I want to go back to my little grass shack
In Kealakekua, Hawaii
Where the humuhumunukunukuapua'a
Go swimming by

Oh we're going to a Hookie Lau
A Hookie, Hookie, Hookie, Hookie, Hookie Lau
Everybody loves a Hookie Lau
Where the mau-mau eats the pau-pau at the big luau.
Throw those nets out into the see
And all the oma-oma come swimming to me
Cuz we're going to a Hookie Lau,
A Hookie, Hookie, Hookie, Hookie, Hookie Lau!