[Dixielandjazz] Jack Maheu

Norman Vickers nvickers1 at cox.net
Mon Mar 27 14:34:09 PST 2006

Here's the latest, good news, about wonderful clarinetist Jack Maheu from
another wonderful New Orleans

clarinetist, Tim Laughlin.  Apparently Jack had a significant stroke.  Got
the "clot buster" in a timely fashion and is improving.  Here's Tim's latest
bulletin:

.

"Jack is medically 'out of the woods.' They are giving him a new
experimental drug. They are very confident with the results. It's similar to
aspirin, but stronger. They feel this will help speed things up for his
rehab. Jack will be moved to Lakeside Hospital tomorrow(Tue) where they have
a full rehab setup. There he will be allowed visitors, but give it a few
days so Jack, Sharon and the family can get settled in. It might be good to
call first. Don't forget the prayers. "

Should any of you wish to send a note,  his home address is:

Jack Maheu

2820 Desoto St
New Orleans, LA 70119-3331

Norman -We're about to produce our 23rd annual Pensacola JazzFest this
weekend-- Vickers