[Dixielandjazz] Ever changing technology costing musicians gigs

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Sun Mar 26 11:40:40 PST 2006

Well it was bound to happen folks:   Get ready for it.

May of us drummers endured and even survived the invention of the
dreaded drum machine but this one takes the cake .

I was offered a Memorial Service gig a couple of months ago for very
good money up in Napa, California, seemed like a good gig and we had
exchanged about ten emails outlining the service and the songs to be
played where when and how etc.

I was waiting for the definite confirmation of the  performance time
and desired Dress attire for the band, and since it was a bit late
coming I wrote to the client and asked for it again so I could issue
the contract at the previously agreed upon price and terms.

I received an email reply which simply stated:  Oh so sorry I forgot to
get back to you,  the Family decided to just use an i-pod for the
service.  :))

My suggestion to all of you:  Break every pod you see, rip them out of
joggers ears, high school kids ears, college kids ears, and throw them
as high and far as possible :))   Or soon you will show up at your gigs
and see a small i-pod  and a P.A. on the stage in lieu of a Band.  :))

The good news however is that Admission prices will remain at 1935
levels.  :))

Cheers, and Jeers

Tom  Lost another one Wiggins   oh well   NEXT?????