[Dixielandjazz] Ophicleides and Serpents

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Fri Mar 24 00:29:33 PST 2006

Hi Jim and all:

  I move pretty fast around the entertainment scene in the N. CALIF.
AREA AS SOME FOLKS KNOW and don't often land for very long at any one
event.   I actually went to Martinez one night several months ago to
specifically see that band and got there at 8:05 p.m and the band was
already finished and packed up to leave.  One in ENTERTAINMENT Business
FIELD USUALLY expects live music to be played until at least midnight
even in a one horse town like Martinez.  Heck I used to play till 2:00
A.M THERE LEGALLY YEARS AGO MYSELF.

I have a great marketing idea:  Let's form a band of Freak Instruments
and I can make up posters of it and the weird instruments and sell it
to unsuspecting customers who will pay just to see the instruments
whether or not any of you guys can actually play them or not.  :))
Nobody really knows what they sound like so you can play terribly and
be come an ALL STAR BAND on opening night, let the kids discover you
and look out Rolling Stones.   Think I am kidding don't you  ??   well
they bought Rap didn't they ??

OKOM has just lost it's creative edge guys.

Hey Mike Vax  why not use these guys in your shows as a novelty
attraction they are serious about playing them and it certainly will be
an educational opportunity that most audiences will probably never
experience in a lifetime.   Young Audiences that we all need just LOVE
to Discover new things musical.

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins