[Dixielandjazz] Re: Searching only one website with Google

Dan Augustine ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu
Thu Mar 23 21:35:30 PST 2006

Bob, Bill, and DJML--
     You can also limit Google's search to only one specific website.
     Say you're looking for the song "Bozo" at www.redhotjazz.com.
     In the Google search-box, type this: bozo site:www.redhotjazz.com
(and click on Search).
     You'll get this:

Clarence Williams and his Orchestra
Bozo, 11-1928, Long Island City, New York, QRS R-7034-A. Beau Koo
Jack (Alex Hill / Louis Armstrong / Walter Melrose), 12-1928, Long
Island City, New York ...
www.redhotjazz.com/williamso.html - 17k - Cached - Similar pages

     There is also a Search page at www.redhotjazz.com, and it will
get you the same result.
     However, you can use this technique to search for any word(s) on
ANY website.

     Or, you can go to Craig Johnson's fine website
http://mainely-jazz.com/  and do a search of the www.redhotjazz.com
website at http://mainely-jazz.com/rhsongs/songframes.html.

     Dan

**  Dan Augustine  --  Austin, Texas  --  ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu
**     "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid
**      than to open it and remove all doubt."  --  Mark Twain