[Dixielandjazz] Sarrusophones

David Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Thu Mar 23 17:04:31 PST 2006

The website I mentioned the other day (at least I thought I did )
http://www.contrabass.com/pages/compendium.html  also has all sorts
of information on Ophicleides, Sarrusophones, Saxhorns and other
oddities. One of the most recent inventions is the Tubax - the BBb
Tubax plays an octave lover than the Bass Sax and is in current
production!  It looks a bit like a Sarrusophone as well.

However, I just saw a picture of the next tuba I really want: http://
www.rugs-n-relics.com/brass-phil/tubas/Tornister-Tuba.html
A "Back Pack" tuba!

Dave Richoux