[Dixielandjazz] Sarrusophones

Stan Brager sbrager at socal.rr.com
Thu Mar 23 15:36:01 PST 2006

Sidney Bechet played the Sarrusophone on "Mandy, Make Up Your Mind" with
Clarence Williams Blue Five on December 17, 1924. Louis Armstrong on cornet,
Charlie Irvis on trumpet, Buddy Christian on banjo, Eva Taylor was the
vocalist. Williams played piano.

Scott Robinson on his Arbors' CD "Think Big" recreated Bechet's role and
added more sarrusophone to it.

Stan
Stan Brager