[Dixielandjazz] Well, it ain't The Dutch Swing College Band!!!!!

David Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Thu Mar 23 14:48:46 PST 2006

Cees,

I agree with you on the level of musical-ness from the ICP Orchestra.
but the Willem Breuker Kollektief is a whole different story! I have
heard many of their recordings and seen them live as well. True, some
charts are read (or memorized ) but they really do swing, they can
play "real OKOM jazz," they have fun and they have some amazing
chops! I was just listening to their 1987 "Metropolis" CD and played
the title track on my show today - beautiful music that is well
played, with  improv solos (as far as I can tell, anyway...)

Dave Richoux