[Dixielandjazz] Well, it ain't The Dutch Swing College Band!!!!!

David Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Thu Mar 23 09:09:35 PST 2006

There is some really unusual stuff coming out of the "Low Countries"
in the last 30 years - the Willem Breuker Kollektief and Belgium's
FES (Flat Earth Society ) ensemble take modern and traditional OKOM
elements and mix them freely! I have seen the WBK live and have
recordings from both groups - I find them to be quite interesting,
personally.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~wbk/index.html  for more on Willem Breuker
Kollektief
http://www.fes.be/swf/eng.swf  for more Flat Earth Society

The ICP will be in the Bay Area next week...

Dave Richoux