[Dixielandjazz] Ernie Felice

Steve barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 21 07:01:52 PST 2006

"bennyth" <bennyth at ev1.net> wrote

> Just wondering if any listmate has information on Ernie Felice.  If he is
> still alive, playing with his combo, retired, where he might be living (if
> alive) etc.  Sure liked his music back in the 50's. His combo really was
> really tops then.
>
> Just inquisitive and would like to know more about him.  Thanks for any little
> bit of info.  Benny Theiler
> bennyth at ev1.net

Hi Benny & List mates

You can read his biography at:

http://janpress.freeservers.com/LCfelice.htm

Unfortunately that bio is from about 55 years ago. I suspect that EF has
passed on. If not, he would be about 86 and probably be living on the West
Coast. He graduated High School circa 1937, got married in 1941.

I believe he also attended San Jose State College in the late 1930's.

Played with Benny Goodman Big Band in the late 1030s and some other swinging
groups, including his own quartet. His records are hard to find these days.
Maybe Bill Haesler has more information? Or the Tom Lord discography site?

Cheers,
Steve