[Dixielandjazz] Nickle a Dance - New Orleans

Rebecca Thompson rebecca.e.thompson at verizon.net
Thu Mar 16 17:56:34 PST 2006

Every year in New Orleans, October is promoted as "Jazz Appreciation Month"
Every Sunday afternoon "Nickel a Dance" is offered at Cafe Brasil.  It is
free and ALWAYS OKOM.  After Katrina, there was a series of "Nickel a Dance"
offered between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

I found out they have been holding them this month when I talked to Connie
Jones last Sunday.  He has just attended one and said the line up of
musicians included Bob Havens, Tim Laughlin, Otis Bazzoon, Steve Pistorius,
and Everett Link.

On top of that, Pete Fountain sat in.  No one knew before hand that Pete
would be there and the place was packed.

This coming Sunday the band will be headed by Duke Heitger.  I hope there
are still notes left by the time we get there in April for the French
Quarter Festival!

Regards.

Rebecca Thompson
Flower Mound, TX